Welcome to the Terradyne RPV (Rapid Patrol Vehicle) Armored truck/car thingy!
This is an Armored Vehicle that was customized to be used on civilian roads. The truck is powered by a Ford 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel 440hp with a 6 speed automatic transmission.
Luxury VIP Interior
The VIP Interior Package features Saddle Brown Leather with Black piping, Andrew Muirhead leather seats, power adjustable driver/passenger seats, Biscuit White Alcantara headliner, upholstered door panels with storage, interior trim panels, custom center console, rear monitor / media area, in dash GPS Navigation system, audio sound upgrade, Wilton wool flooring in Chocolate Brown. The interior has been customized out of a Ford F-350 Superduty truck.
Let’s talk armor and bullet proof protection.
Every inch of this beast is protected from the obvious steel plates on the exterior to the floor compartments. Terradyne has completed testing and validation programs including full vehicle destructive ballistic and blast testing to STANAG military standards.
To further the Gurkha’s level of protection for its occupants, several more modifications have been added to the chassis. Among those are Hutchinson military grade wheels with bead locks. A set of 41-1/2-inch (335/80R20) tall Continental MPT 81 tires with a very aggressive tread pattern are used for additional height and ground clearance, aiding the Gurkha’s blast protection capability. The suspension has been enhanced with a set of custom-tuned Fox shocks on all four corners of the vehicle, and the front end was upgraded with stiffer coil springs and a steering stabilizer. The interior compartment in which the crew is stationed is protected against 7.62 x 51 mm armor piercing rounds. The engine bay and the 40-gallon fuel tank are protected with single-layer armor
So who in the world would need one of these vehicles?
Well let’s exclude the rest of the world right now and ask the question who in the United States would spend $300,000 Plus for a vehicle like this and why?
- Doomsday preppers or those who believe that someday the government is coming for them and they need to be ready.
- Many who believe we will be attacked by an Alien Race and will need to defend ourselves against their technology.
- People who are trying to survive a zombie apocalypse aka (Black Friday Shopping at the local Walmart)
- Wealthy folks who just want to have something different to drive to work instead of your normal F-350, QX80, or new Escalade.
- A collector of vehicles that have shown up on Fast and Furious movies.
- Car addicts like me that just want it because they want to collect them all but their car buying consistently outruns their cash flow. (guilty as charged)
- Neighborhood Watch volunteer
- Oil Tycoon who is working just North of the Mexican border.
- Any hollywood star, pro athlete, or famous musician who wants to floss (flossing is the act of showing off what you got says urban dictionary and was made famous by Fergie Ferg)
- And then of course all your stereotypical bad guys from James Bond movies, but that’s so cliche..
Anyways the list can go on and on. I love this truck not because it is different, bullet proof, and over $300,000. I love it because we live in a country where we are constantly pushing the limits of vehicles that are street legal and comfortable to daily drive, but could also stage an invasion if necessary. That is one reason why I have owned multiple H1’s over the years.
If you buy this truck or one like it please call or email me I would love to do an interview with you and the truck!!